Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A little bit of everything

Last week We had a birthday party, two playgroups, two spring party's and one day of pre-school for Cameron. So it's been busy but fun. One of the party's we went to was a spring party for Nicks troop. I usually try and go to all the troop events so that I can meet other wife's. And it turns out a friend that I made while there lives only a couple blocks away. So now I have a new walking partner. I have been walking quite regularly lately. I guess you could say I have decided that I really need to get down to the business of getting in better shape. I am doing very well so far. I have actually lost 10 pounds in the last month, hooray for me!! Well on another subject I am leaving on the 30th of April (my sister Jill's birthday) for Oregon to spend most the month there, with a little detour into Idaho to see my great friends. I cant wait to see Elisabeth and Providence and the new house of course, as well as Aaron, Kelsey, and there girls, one of which I haven't even met yet. On the down side I haven't found a ride to the airport here in Texas yet and If I put my car in long term parking it is going to cost me over two hundred dollars, so I thought I would just take a shuttle and it turns out a shuttle for all three of us girls will cost around two hundred and eighty. Sheesh!! darn gas prices. So my best bet is just to ask someone for a ride and pay them some gas money. So I hope I can find a ride soon. Oh and you don't even want to know about all the stuff I am going to have to lug to the airport by myself....well I'll tell you anyhow...Two huge car seats, one stroller, two carry-on's, I am going to try and keep our luggage down to one large bag (we'll see about that though) as well as two kids. I tell ya this parenting thing was really meant to be a two person job. Well I am pretty excited for all my travel plans. I think it will also break up some of my waiting time for Nick. Which is nice. So this is my crazy life that always has a way of working it's self out for the time being.

6 comments:

Becky or MomS/Gram said...

Wow, great news! Glad you are doing well, having fun and getting in shape. You are very ambitious travelling with two little ones, but it does make time go faster and life more interesting.

Emma said...

We talked about this the other day..it didn't occur to me that you might consider asking a neighbor or church friend to drive with you in your vehicle and then drive it back to your house.

and YAY for ten lost pounds and long walks!

Lis said...

I can't wait to see you guys either, come soon, come soon, come soon! And GOOD job with the weight loss.

Ivanna said...

You're going to have so much fun. Sounds like you are keeping busy. Enjoy your walks they feel great! Love you.

big hair betty said...

Great job with travelling with the littles!! I think it is great that other people see moms/families out there in the real world with their children, you know? When will your husband be back home?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.