Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Home improvement

Lately I have been trying to do some sort of home improvement project every time we get paid, weather it is just working on organization inside the house of fixing up the garden outside. So I finally got around to fixing up the flower bed in the front yard with the help of my brother of course, and Now I'm fixing on staining and sealing the fence this week, again with the help of my brother as well. Since owning our first home the list of improvements seems never ending especially since it was a brand new home, It needed a bit of character. The improvements are very gratifying though. I already have the next biggest project lined up for the near future as well...wood floors in the downstairs, I can't wait for that one! I'm thinking of doing some sort of garden in the back yard, But I'm a little scared to go tearing up the lawn, since Ive never really made a garden, and I don't know how it will come out. I have a few Ideas though. I guess I'll just have to do it and find out what happens
I Put a little work bench together for nick

2 comments:

Becky or MomS/Gram said...

Both improvements look very nice! Good job! Nick will love the work bench! Makes things look more like home when your personal touches and things are in place. We've never planted a garden here yet, as the earth is like rock here. Just tomatoes and flower bulbs in planter boxes. I miss our old garden from back home that we had every year for 15 years.

Lis said...

I am looking forward to my home improvements too! But gosh it racks up the dough so quick. You did a nice job though, looking good.