Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Not again!!

Yesterday I went to Austin for this "half way party" (half way through deployment) for Nicks troop, which was not all that exciting. There was only a few family's there. but it was good to get out. And I got to stop at Ikea which I don't get to do often. Also yesterday evening I started feeling a little breast tenderness which I at the time figured was because I hadn't nursed Rowan on that side to much that day. Then I awoke in the middle of the night to feel that all to familiar feeling of Mastitis. So I have yet another breast infection! When will this end. I must have had about 5 since I first began nursing Rowan 10 month ago. Oh the things we endure for our children For anyone who has never experienced this. Basically as my mid wife put it, you feel as if you have been run over by a truck. I usually wake in the middle of the night with chills and body aching followed by a fever. Thank God that this was not one of the worst ones I have experienced. I was actually able to get myself to the doctors first thing this morning and on Antibiotics by 10:00am. I have had them so bad that I could hardly move, fortunately Nick was still here at the time to get me to the doctor and take care of the kids.

On a better note. While I was waiting in line at the pharmacy There was this sweet old lady behind me that was chatting with Cameron a bit about her cute little sister. She asked Cameron "Do you help feed your sister?" and Cameron's reply was "No I don't have breasts yet" hahahaha the Woman thought that was pretty funny as did I.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a brave woman! The first time I got a breast infection is when Tommy was 3 months old. It was so bad I could barely get off the floor. I drug myself to a neighbor's house and asked them to go and get my prescription for me cuz I could barely walk, much less drive. I called my doctor to get the prescription. That was it for me, I quit nursing and as a result got a clogged milk duct. I thought Tommy never got enough milk cuz he always cried when he nursed, and so did I because my nipples were always cracked and bleeding, he seemed really hungry and never satisified. As soon as I put him on the bottle, he was the happiest baby ever. Ate every four hours, and never cried. I had the clogged milk duct aspirated with a giant needle and it hurt so bad I kicked the doctor in his privates to make him stop while I was on the table! He told me not to come back for a few days, and he would drug me good to prevent a replay of that day, ha! I am proud of you for continuing to nurse and enduring!

What a cute comment from Cameron! Kids say the cutest things sometimes!

Anonymous said...

You have had the worst breast feeding luck... but at least she is feeding well when she nurses. That makes all the difference in the world.

That last bit about the little old lady was so funny i almost spit out my drink on the keyboard.. The look on the lady's face must have been priceless.

big hair betty said...

That is a great response from Cameron!! Ha!

Proud Mommy of 2 said...

Hey, Rosie!

Sorry to hear you've been struggling with mastisis... :(
I hope that you get to feeling better soon! Don't hesitate to call if you ever need any help... I will be happy to take you to the doctor or watch your kids while you go... whatever you need, okay? :0)

LOVE the story about Cameron "not having breasts yet..." how funny is that?! ;)