Sunday, June 8, 2008

The unusual post man

while I was away for the month of May I put my mail on hold, and checked the box on the form that said resume mail delivery after the specified date, being the 4th of June. So on the 7th of June I thought I better go to the post office and collect the mail myself. So once down at the post office the postal worker checked in the back for my stack of mail. When he returned he had the original mail hold form I had filled out. He said he had found it in my post mans garbage can, so if I hadn't already received my mail that it may be delivered that day. I asked him, is it unusual for mail of that sort to take a few days for delivery (for future reference) and this was his reply, mam have you seen your post man?" and my response was "no" then he says "he is unusual"

So I wonder what strange and unusual things I can expect for future mail delivery.

6 comments:

Emma said...

Being that its the 8th of June, have you gotten your mail yet? Maybe you should leave the guy some cookies in the mail box or something?

Anonymous said...

yeah like some letter shaped cookies with frosting on them...who doesn't love frosting. maybe he is one of those strange mail men who hoards mail under their porch cause hes stressed out.

Ivanna said...

That's weird. I wonder what's going to happen with your mail. I want to know what he looks like... if you get the chance to see him.

Ivanna said...

And good idea with the cookies!

Lis said...

You can just tell he's unusual by looking at him? I wonder if my mailperson is unusual too. I was supposed to have mine redelivered today but it wasn't.

Anonymous said...

That sounds a little scarey. One time when I filled out the form for my mail to be held for two weeks, it never was. Our mailbox was cram packed tight with mail when we got home, and our house was flooded from a broken water heater. Nice suprise!