Monday, November 10, 2008

One year later

Nick has been gone exactly one year now. Rowan was 3 months when he left and Cameron was a little over 2 and a half. He is supposed to be back some time this January, just in time for Cameron's 4th birthday. 15 months seemed like an eternity to be away from my husband, and the girls Daddy. I wondered how I was going to get through it, but some how the days, weeks, and months just seemed to slip by, sometimes with ease and sometimes with great difficulty. These days I sometimes feel a little antsy, and melancholy, feeling like my husband should be home already. But now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and am very happy to say that it is almost over, and we can move forward with life. It all makes me very greatful to have such a wonderful loving husband to wait for. It has also given me much respect for all others who are waiting on there spouses, weather it be deployments, or just jobs that take them away from there family, as well as great sorrow for all those who's husbands or wifes will never return. I can only understand a fraction of that loss. I am praying these next two months fly by with ease and gods protection. It feels good to be preparing for our reunion now. We have lots of plans, that include, a late Christmas with Nick home, road trips to visit just about everyone, a wedding, and Disneyland. We are patiently waiting.

6 comments:

Ivanna said...

Wow. A whole year has gone by? It seems crazy that much time passed... I'm not even old yet! I can't wait to see you all again.

Becky or MomS/Gram said...

You mean Nick will be home for good in January? I can't wait for that day to come! Yay!

Katherine said...

I think you are amazing. I had to be without Jared for 6 months and thought I was going to lose it. (and that was without kids) So I can't even imagine. I hope that the next couple of months pass quickly.

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh! It sounds like you guys are going to have a blast when he gets home! I feel so sad if I'm even away from Mike for one night! You really are an amazing, strong woman as is anyone that has to deal with being separated from their spouse/ loved ones like you are. Mike and I were just talking about going back to Disneyland cause we loved it so much! You guys have good destinations in mind. =D

Emma said...

Im really a weenie I guess. I start getting lonely when dave goes into another room.. lol

But seriously, you are so strong and have done such an amazing job with the girls and your home and yourself while he's been away. I can't wait for you guys to be back together again.

Osanna said...

I'm looking forward to Nick's return for you! I miss you all so much. Seriously hoping you folks will move back to this area!!