Friday, October 3, 2008

I got threaded

Recently While I was at the mall in Dallas, I came across this eyebrow/facial threading stand. As I walked by I was so interested by what was going on that I had to stop and watch. What I was seeing was a new method I had never seen before of facial hair removal. Practitioners use a pure, thin, twisted cotton thread which is rolled over untidy hairlines, mustaches, and so on, plucking the hair at the follicle level. Unlike tweezing where a single hair is pulled out each time, threading can remove an entire row of hair, resulting in a straighter line. when the lady had finished the girls eyebrows they looked so much better than any wax job I had ever seen. It was so cool to watch! Me and my friend Sabrina, I was with decided to give it a try. It felt different than wax or tweezing. I could feel the thread rolling over the skin and plucking out the hair in rows very quickly. It was slightly painful as something like that would usually be, but not to bad at all. I was very happy with my results, and I have never liked the shape of my eyebrows. If you pluck or get waxed I would recommend trying the threading method instead if you ever get a chance.

3 comments:

Lis said...

But you can't do it yourself?

Ivanna said...

I had a friend who got "threaded" in India. It sounds like it's a lot faster too. Is that correct? Do you have a picture of yourself? Love you!

Rosie said...

I suppose someone could do it to themselves, with a little practice. And Yes It is faster depending on who's doing it I guess. The lady who did mine was super fast.