Thursday, June 9, 2011

Daily dose of poison

Seem's my children think I'm trying to poison them each and every evening with what would otherwise be know as "Dinner". Why oh why must we go through this daily battle, just to find out that not only is mom not feeding them Rat poison, but to their surprise, It is almost always a delectable treat to there taste buds. Thank god I am the "mean" mom who insists it must be tried at least once, because by the end dinner I usually hear that moms food is the "best!" and an empty plate is to follow. And in case you must know what the daily "poison" I feed them this evening was, it just so happened to be Taco salad, just the way my mom used to make it when we were children and must have thought for a moment that we also in fact were being poisoned. The recipe is as follows:

  • lettuce of your choice
  • Ground beef with taco seasoning 
  • black beans, rinsed and drained
  • grated cheese
  • chopped tomato
  • avocado
  • crushed up tortilla chips
  • And the secret ingredient... Catalina dressing!! (its a must)
  • Toss it all together and serve with a dollop of sour cream and salsa on top if you like

2 comments:

Ivanna said...

Kids are so funny. I must see yours soon!

Anonymous said...

Your funny! Gettin in the daily blog world now huh? The funny thing is I'm really going to attempt making it! Thanks for the tipper!