Sunday, October 25, 2009

This is how it went

- We decided we really needed to leave Texas
- Hit the road on On September 21st (why did I remember what day...It was Nicks Birthday!!)
- Hauled a 24 foot moving truck (filled to the brim,) one car, one trailer with motorcycle, Mama, Daddy, two kids, and Grandpa for a helping hand.
- Spent three and a half days driving
- Arrived In Santa Cruz and was soooo happy to be breathing the beachy air again
- Stayed at our friends Kiley and Kims house for about a week and had tons of fun visiting
- Met up with the moving company that had moved some of our stuff from Texas and some how managed to squeeze it in our Uhaul
- Hit the road again headed for Portland
- Stopped in Central Point Oregon at our friends Kevin and Cherries for the night
- Arrived in Portland the next day
- Spent about 2 days unloading our uhaul into a storage unit, that I might add was 3 stories upward and down four long hall ways (don't get me started on that one!)
- And here we are as settled as can be in my parents house.

So there it is for you laid out as best I can remember minus the details. I think I can feel my eye twitching again just thinking of the stress I have endured over the past month or so. Its the wonderful game I call life, hehe. I am day dreaming of the day we will move into a place we plan on calling home for more years than I can count on one hand.

So If you are wondering what the future holds for us now, I will just say that it involves many text books, and minimum wage jobs. Yep, Nick is going to college in hopes of a degree in Civil Engineering. I might add that Moving to Oregon was only a plan hatched weeks before we arrived here. I'm Just grateful to be on the west coast, I think I'll stay here.....for now.

1 comment:

Becky or MomS/Gram said...

Sounds like a lotta fun! lol. Glad you guys are back on this side!! Can you believe it's November already?