Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A series of unfortunate events


Cameron got her first haircut yesterday. It looks about the same actually, just a little shorter. I guess you could say it was more of a trim, but they cut a good 2 inches off, enough for me to actually save a small lock. And while we are on the subject of firsts, Cameron made her first Emergency Room visit from a self inflicted wound yesterday evening. It was pretty horrible, She required 6 staples in her head. And to make it worse I am partly responsible for the series of unfortunate events.
So the story goes: I had agreed to play a game with Cameron where she stands on the arm of the couch and I push her over onto our luv sac (our huge bean bag like chair) This has been a frequent game in our house. Basically the luv sac had been pulled away from the wall exposing a corner and one round I was distracted and didn't give her a very good push and she didn't quite make it all the way onto the luv sac and fell over the side of the luv sac backwards and slammed the back of her head right on the corner of the wall splitting it wide open. There was lots of blood and tears, and then an immediate trip to the ER. I felt horrible for Camerons pain and being partly responsible to. And of course she made it known that "mommy pushed her" I'm just glad she also let it be known that we were playing a game. my poor little Cameron. So heres to hoping my babies never ever hurt themselves ever again. yeah right. And now I can truly say I understand how our parents must have felt.

4 comments:

Jillian said...

youwzers rough picture i hope she is feeling better soon. Sute one of her in the barbar chair. I can't even imagine how mom must have felt with all of us getting hurt all the time...especially me ahah err.

Ivanna said...

How sad. I hope she feels better soon!

Lis said...

YIKES! She'll be able to brag about that one for a good while!

big hair betty said...

Wow! That is a GREAT wound! I bet you're glad to have that experience behind you!